|Unit of Price
|Unit of Measure
|Price Or Price Range
||Appearance Form: liquid
Colour: light yellow
Initial boiling point: 151 - 153 ÃÂ°C at 760 hPa
Boiling range: 151 - 153 ÃÂ°C at 1013 hPa
Flash point: 40 ÃÂ°C - closed cup
|Main Domestic Market
||1000 Per Month
Our company deals in the manufacturing, supplying, and exporting of Diethyl Disulfide (DEDS) that is commonly used in pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. It is available in highly pure liquid form that physically appears as yellow colored compound. It shows good solubility in water. The offered product is highly flammable hence it is advised to keep it away from flames.
Diethyl Disulfide Properties:
- Synonym(s): Ethyl disulfide
- Molecular Formula: C4H10S2
- CAS Number: 110-81-6
- Molecular Weight: 122.25 grams per mol
- EC Number: 203-805-7
- PubChem Substance ID: 24894475
- Appearance: Colourless to yellowish liquid
- Assay: 95.00 to 100.00
- Melting Point: -102.00 degree centigrade
- Boiling Point: 152.00 degree centigrade
- Soluble in: ethanol, propylene glycol
- Insoluble in: water
- Density: 0.990-0.996
- Vapor Pressure: 4.28 mmHg
- Refractive Index: 1.502-1.508
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is diethyl disulfide toxic?
Ans: Diethyl disulfide has low toxicity when inhaled or when the skin is exposed to it. It irritates the nose and upper respiratory tract. The EPA concluded that a concentration of this compound in air of 55 parts per billion (ppb) or less is not expected to cause irritation or other health effects.
2. What is the odor of diethyl disulfide?
Ans: It is a colorless, oily liquid with a garlic-like odor. It is used as a solvent and to make other chemicals.
3. What is the vapor pressure of diethyl disulfide?
Ans: 4.280000 mmHg